That's how Alstom imagined the Alstom University Tube platform, built around Streamlike: a video-based corporate social network that turned 70,000 employees into as many internal trainers!
The objectives were :
- To create a fun and interactive collaborative space to encourage employees to share their knowledge, experiences and expertise through short videos.
- To stimulate innovation by creating easily accessible knowledge-sharing spaces. "AU-Tube has enabled us to boost our knowledge management program and improve collaboration. A kind of internal MOOC that gives access to home-made pedagogical content. "Walfa Chouki, Vice-President HR @ Alstom
- To have an internal "sponsor" who will be the project leader, with a large autonomy and free from all influences.
- Encourage adoption: involve employees from the start of the project, through collaborative workshops to define the purpose, understand the levers of adoption and the barriers, validate the ergonomics and interfaces.
- Experiment on a small scale, identify referents and mentors among employees
- Imagine ways to motivate contributors: video contests, recognition methods, etc.What to avoid
- Pre-publication moderation, which frustrates contributors. Since one must be authenticated to contribute, publications are not anonymous and the risk of inappropriate content is almost nil.
- Internal decisional interference through multiple piloting.Use cases, common needs
If it is assigned the mission of recording and sharing the company's knowledge, this platform becomes a training tool. On occasion, it will allow the identification of internal talents. Demo
Here is an example of "StreamTube" showing the basic functionalities of a collaborative platform.